AIHA PAT Programs Announces New Brand Identity
CONTACT: Susan Marchese, Managing Director,
Communications & Marketing, AIHA
(202) 256-8986 (Eastern Time)
Feb. 2, 2021 (Falls Church, Va.)—AIHA PAT Programs, the proficiency testing authority for laboratories specializing in Industrial Hygiene and Environmental Analysis, unveiled its new brand identity today. The rebranding includes a new logo, mission statement, vision, and updated website.
"We are excited to reveal our refreshed brand identity,” said Angela Oler, the director of operations for AIHA PAT Programs, speaking on behalf of the organization. "While this rebranding represents a significant step in AIHA PAT Program's evolution, our commitment to improving laboratory performance hasn't changed,” she added.
Developed through collaboration with the Chicago-based agency 88 Brand Partners, the new logo reflects AIHA PAT Programs' function of helping participants excel in laboratory services and advocating for proficiency testing nationally and worldwide. The updated website offers users easy access to essential information about currently available full-scale and pilot programs, organizational policies, upcoming testing, the PAT Report, volunteer opportunities, and other helpful content.
Since 1972, AIHA PAT Programs has provided labs with opportunities to improve and refine their staff's analytical skills, test new methods, or train analysts. Some of the services offered by AIHA PAT Programs include:
- The Bulk Asbestos Proficiency Analytical Testing (BAPAT) Program: an essential external quality assurance program for laboratories analyzing bulk building materials by polarized light microscopy.
- The Beryllium Proficiency Analytical Testing (BePAT) Program: a program that assesses the analytical performance of labs analyzing beryllium on filter media.
- The Environmental Lead Proficiency Analytical Testing (ELPAT) Program: a program that provides labs with quarterly test samples and evaluations to help them assess and improve their analytical performance. The ELPAT program includes the PAT report, which provides a snapshot of the lab's performance compared to their peers.
- The Environmental Microbiology Proficiency Analytical Testing (EMPAT) Program: a performance evaluation program for environmental microbiology laboratories.
- The Industrial Hygiene Proficiency Analytical Testing (IHPAT) Program: similar to the ELPAT program, IHPAT helps labs improve their analytical performance by providing quarterly samples of asbestos, metals, organic solvents, silica, and other analytes. IHPAT evaluates the results and provides participants with a performance report.
To learn more about AIHA PAT Programs, their services, and benefits, please visit www.aihapat.org.
About AIHA PAT Programs
The Proficiency Analytical Testing (PAT) Program was initiated by NIOSH in 1972 and came under administration by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) in 1987. In 2009, AIHA PAT Programs LLC was established to continue the mission through an impartially managed laboratory-based program.
AIHA PAT Programs is an ISO/IEC 17043:2010 accredited Proficiency Testing Provider that assists participants in pursuing excellence in laboratory services through external quality control program assessment and promotes the practice of proficiency testing both nationally and internationally.